Monday, June 29, 2009

Hopefully on the way to recovery

I had my surgery last week. I'm tired and sore but once I heal, I will have to feel better than I have felt for a long time. I don't understand why more people with kidney problems don't opt for peritoneal dialysis instead of the normal hemo dialysis. I can do this at home, at night while I sleep and still have my day free to do what I have to do. I now have a catheter coming out of my stomach but I felt this was a small price to pay for my freedom. I change my fluids and hook-up the circulator, then go to sleep. In the morning, get up, change the fluid and I'm done until night. I felt this was a better option for me. Going to the hospital 3 times a week for up to 6 hours a day just didn't seem like a good fit for my lifestyle. So here's hoping I made the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment