Sunday, May 17, 2009

Competition; Nic and I

Once again, today I will try to beat an old nemesis. The battle will be fought on three fronts. Physical, emotional, and psychological . My nemesis, actually my old friend Nic, is a lazy little bum. Nic doesn't do anything but get you to do it all. I don't need a boss anymore. So much for the emotional battle. As for the physical battle, I'm just going to step on Nic and rub Nic in the dirt. Done deal. Just a spot on the ground. Right where Nic deserves to be, rubbed out. The psychological part may prove to be the tough fight. Nic has a hold on me, sometimes almost to the point of controlling me. When I put it that way, I guess I would be Nic's dog on a leash. Looking at Nic like this makes me think of a past employer. Irv was a big man, 6' 4" and over 300lbs. He used to laugh at me. He would say," Jay, you argue with me over the way we should do something and not be afraid at all. But when Nic speaks, the rest of the world stops. You have to listen to Nic!" Irv didn't like Nic at all, and with good reason. Nic interupted the work place and wasted time. More important though, Nic wasted money. I doesn't walk so I carried Nic around. When Nic called for my attention, I was there. But no more of this nonsense. Nic can't control me anymore. Today is the first day of the rest of my life. I have smoked for 33 years but I am done with Nic-O -Tine.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It's tough, but I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support. I've tried to beat Nic before and eventually always gave in. I thought if I wrote about it, I might see good old Nic in a different light. I'm out to control Nic from now on.

    ReplyDelete